Monday, April 12, 2010

Potty Training Boot Camp

So, one of the ladies in my Mommy & Me class started talking about potty-training her son who's a few months younger than Christian, and it made me re-evaluate my plans on this issue. I figured wait till after the baby is born in case Christian were to regress. Plus, I haven't been willing to stay at home for days at a time to really focus on potty-training. But he's asking to sit on the potty after he goes & has peed on the potty 4 times. Plus, how will I devote time to this when I'm trying to take care of a newborn? So, we started potty-training boot camp today. One pee-pee accident & 2 other accidents. I learned that my son doesn't pee as much as I thought he did. I took him to the potty every hour & was surprised at how many times he didn't have to go. He didn't really tell me when he needed to go, he just happened to go when we took him. We didn't go anywhere today. I feel kinda sorry for him about that, but I guess I'd feel that way anytime till next winter. We're planning to attend our Gymboree class tomorrow in a pull-up but visit the potty immediately before & after class. Hopefully, he'll stay dry. I must say he looked so cute running around in big boy underwear today. We used Gerber training pants today, but Andrew has bought him superhero undies that I suppose we'll open up very soon.

Other news: Christian suffered from allergies/cold last week, but is much better now. I seem to have contracted it, though.

Midwife appointment went well today, but I haven't gained any weight over the last 4 weeks. The midwife said not to worry but encouraged me to eat more protein. My belly is measuring fine. Everyone tells me how small I look for how far along I am & then that leads into old wives' tales interpretations about what I'm having. They all seem to contradict each other. I have no idea myself. Andrew is an awesome secret-keeper.

Enjoy some pictures from our Easter festivities! We had a pot-luck lunch with some families from my fall discipleship group that was put together very last minute. I was so thankful for this because I let Easter sneak up on me & we hadn't planned anything special to do. I enjoy these friends so much.

Check out the tomb my friend Jessica made from play dough!

T-ball

Campbelle & Christian

my little mechanic

The girls made me pose after the egg hunt was over.

Mrs. Moore's D-group 2009 (minus Amanda, Tiffany & Dana)
me, Jessica, Stephanie, Jenny & Jaclyn
Mine & Jaclyn's babies are due within just a couple of days of each other!

Katie & Lily came over on Good Friday to color Easter eggs.
blowing bubbles on the porch




We also ate cookies.


And Lily ate one of her eggs that broke!

I'm thankful for Katie & Jessica who took all these pictures when I constantly forget my camera.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Yay! I love the pictures...and the pee pee info ;)

Jason&Corin said...

So cute! Christian looks like such a big boy now. How does that happen? :( Way to go Andrew on keeping the baby's sex a secret...whew..so hard not to accidentally slip! Good luck with the potty adventures!