Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June Flying By

Summer break always seems to get so busy!
Mom & Dwight visited the week of Memorial Day. We spent one morning at Henry's Ark.



These kiddos are actually very alike.



Andrew turned 33 on June 1st!




We've been to Cherokee Park so many times but never walked on the hiking trails. The kids both loved it & Georgia did not fuss about walking so far until the huge hill at the very end.






GG & I hung out at the playground while the boys hiked back to get the van.




That's my boy!


Church canoe trip on Blue River. We left GG with a sitter & took Christian on his 1st canoe trip. I am proud to report he did not fall out. Andrew & I decided guiding a canoe together is a good marriage building exercise. HaHa. We really had a good time.
Melissa, me & Jennifer at the end of the trip

my guys


Andrew, CAL, Ryan & Tim


Currently, we're in GA for about 9 days. Took 12 hours to get here with our van breaking down in Nowheresville, TN. The most interesting part of that adventure was me & the kids riding in our minivan on top of the tow truck on Interstate 24. Yeh, not so much. The kids thought it was great. I think they assumed we would be riding the rest of the way to G-Momma's house like that.

Last week we attended the mock day for Christian's homeschool group. It's going to be challenging but I'm excited about doing this for the upcoming school year.

We're staying in Louisville for another school year. Other job prospects we were considering did not work out. We're currently brainstorming about what to do the following year. Please pray for us for direction and contentment with whatever circumstances the Lord provides.

No comments: