Thursday, October 2, 2014

7 Years Old

Last Thursday Christian turned 7 years old!
MeMa and Vickie took us out for birthday lunch at Pizza Hut. Kinda blew my mind to think that my kids had never been inside a Pizza Hut before. Lots of memories from my childhood and teen years at this particular Pizza Hut. (Book It!)
I made a small chocolate cake and took it with us.





 We went to the fair that evening with G-Momma, Granddaddy, Aunt Alissha, Emily, Madison and a friend. So glad Emily was happy to ride some spinning rides with Christian.

 Rory was so happy to ride the carousel. She didn't hang on to me at all, and the second time we rode it she even tried to push my hands away. 





Friday evening we had a party in our backyard. So thankful that Christian's best friend from church and several CC friends were able to come! Big thanks to my mom and Aunt Vickie for getting so much stuff together for the party and for Grandpa Troy who grilled all the food.






 Our extended family (Andrew's side) stayed in town through the weekend, so the kids got to play with cousin Alex a lot.


 This is just a silly picture from a Monday evening at MeMa and Vickie's after my work day. The kids actually positioned themselves like this to watch TV in Vickie's bed, even Rory.

Andrew drove into town late Friday night and stayed till Monday morning. Grandma Resa and Grandpa Troy stayed in a hotel Friday night and Andrew was able to take the kids swimming there Saturday morning while I worked. We also got to go to Six Flags with Tommy, Alissha, Madison and Emily on Sunday. Lots of fun!

Andrew made an offer on a house today. Hopefully, the days are numbered for this very difficult season for our family. Not that I know that number, but the Lord does. I feel much more encouraged and hopeful today than I have been feeling for the last 2 weeks.

Tomorrow's goal: get through the day without yelling at or nagging the children. My prayer is that I will cry out in my heart to the Lord quickly when anger and frustration rise so that my voice and words may reflect His mercy and grace even when I must correct or teach my children.


No comments: