Christian climbed out of his crib twice last week. I was so disheartened because I have loved the fact that he hasn't been able to get out of his bed before now. Both times were at naptime, not at night. I still don't think he will climb out in the dark...yet. The first time I was standing right beside his bed, had just put him in it & he started to climb out. I let him try cuz I was so curious to see if he could do it. Success. He climbed down to the floor no problem. I put him back in his bed & informed him he was to stay in it because it was naptime. He did & slept well. Two days later at naptime I put him in there, turned to get a book to read to him & heard a loud crash behind me. He wasn't too successful that time. I was so surprised that I shouted his name & I think that scared him more than the fall. He began crying & then attempted to climb back into his crib. Andrew rushed in to comfort him. He calmed down quickly & then stayed in his bed & slept well again. No further climbing attempts since then. The next time I see my mom I'm obtaining the toddler bed she's storing for me. I still don't want to deal with this new change, though. I guess this may be a year we don't sleep well. Hopefully it will be better than I anticipate.
We also made our first trip to the children's hospital ER Sunday evening. We heard about a bluegrass band playing at a local church Sunday night & we wanted to go. We had a hard time finding the church & arrived late. We were wandering around trying to find the nursery & someone from the sanctuary came out to help us. Christian was trying to explore & I was holding him by his coat trying to keep him from going into the sanctuary in the middle of the service. With all the squirming he escaped my grasp & fell onto the tile floor right on his nose. It started bleeding, so we rushed into the bathroom & applied a wet paper towel. It quit fairly quickly & he calmed down after we got into the nursery & he saw all the cool play equipment. We went on into the service, but on the way home we kept second-guessing whether or not it might be broken. Since we drove so close to Kosair we decided to stop in. Super Bowl night is the night to go to the ER. We didn't wait at all & the consensus was no broken nose. Swollen nose & lip yes, but not broken. It was a bit embarrassing to tell the story of how the injury occurred since it sounded like my fault, but we haven't received any calls from Child Protective Services yet. Christian never cried about it again & 24 hours later all his swelling seemed to be gone.
I have some recent pictures, but my camera is dead right now. That will give me an excuse to post again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment