Aurora Faith Lindsey
"Rory"
March 22, 2013
7:02pm
7lbs 8.5oz, 22 inches
how we spend our first day at home while the snow falls outside
And I was so sure I was having a boy! Andrew and I were both shocked when he announced "It's a girl!"
We're saying labor was about 23 hours long. I began having real contractions Thursday morning, maybe 1-2 hours apart all day. Dragged myself to water aerobics that afternoon thinking the exercise would help things get going. I mentioned before that I was ready to have this baby, right? Aunt Vickie arrived in town to stay with us till baby's arrival & we all went out to eat at Chick-Fil-A. Contractions moved up to every 20 minutes or so. That night, instead of sleeping, I had contractions every 10-20 minutes. Called work at 4:15am to say I'm not coming. Called Mom at 5am to tell her I'd been up all night. She & Dwight started driving. Called the midwife office at 8am to seek some advice. The nurse said I could come get checked if I wanted but until my water broke or my contractions picked up to every 5 minutes there was no real reason to go to the hospital. Tried to do some chores. Had to stop what I was doing with each contraction. Decided to go to midwife office at 11am to determine if these contractions were actually doing anything. Was surprised to find out I was 4-5cm dilated already! The midwife said I would probably deliver later that day! She also said her exam would probably pick up the pace. She was right! Went back home & ate lunch. Mom & Dwight pulled up to the apartment when we did. Decided to go to hospital at 2pm. Contractions about 6 minutes apart & I was thinking about how much time it takes to actually go through registration. 6-7cm when I arrived at 2:30pm & Rory was born at 7:02pm. Another natural labor, and let's just say that Georgia still gets the prize for best labor. I don't know if I was just exhausted or was expecting it to go as smoothly as Georgia, but this time was tough. Lots of yelling, even though the midwives said they've heard much worse. Andrew says with a smile that it's too early to make fun of me. Whatever. I said to Andrew afterward, "I don't think I can do that again." He replied, "We can adopt another son."
Rory is proving to be a gassy baby & she does not like it! Hopefully, that will get better soon. She also came out immediately looking to suck on her fingers which she's not very good at finding & was somewhat frustrating in the hospital since nursing infants are not given pacifiers. She's also begun spitting up. We'll see if she takes after her brother with reflux. She loves Daddy to rock her like a football & to sleep right next to Mommy, which I love & dislike all at the same time. She has deep blue eyes like her sister did, blonde hair and long fingers & toes. I guess my kids just get their extremities from me.
All our company left yesterday while we were still at the hospital, and they took Christian & Georgia with them for about a week & a half. Time to relax, rest & recover as much as possible.
1st pediatrician visit tomorrow!
Oh yeh! Why her name? Andrew came up with it. Aurora means "dawn" and I don't know if he was thinking about this, but we talked about the loveliness & wanting to see the aurora borealis (northern lights) when we first started dating. In fact, my first Christmas present to Andrew was a collage I made of pictures of the northern lights. Plus, to quote Disney's Sleeping Beauty "They named her after the dawn for she filled their lives with sunshine." Also, I've liked the name Rory since being introduced to it by the Gilmore Girls TV show. We watched some reruns of it in the hospital this weekend including the episode where Rory's half-sister is born. Totally forgot the baby's name is Georgia! Please believe me when I say we did not do that on purpose!
Faith: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 All 3 of our children have middle names that convey something about the Gospel:
Christian Amadeus, Latin for "loved by or friend of God"
Georgia Grace and Aurora Faith
early picture of Christian
early picture of Georgia





1 comment:
Congratulations on your sweet new bundle! I love Rory's name!! :)
Post a Comment