So, I've been putting off blogging mainly because I haven't taken many pictures lately and because blogging requires effort. Usually, when I turn on the computer it's to veg out somehow. But, here we go. Updates on everyone:
Andrew: hard at work, lesson planning & grading & applying for new jobs so we can hopefully move this summer! Please pray for this. He's currently in the interview process with 2 schools and that's about all I'm willing to type at this time. He is so committed to making a change so that I won't have to return to work after this baby is born. We also had 2 date nights in the last month, one courtesy of our friends Tim and Jennifer (we swapped babysitting so each couple could have a Valentine's date). Another date night was kind of impromptu when I got called to stay home from work and it happened to be Parents' Night Out at the seminary rec center.
Christian: attending our homeschool group every Tuesday and plugging away at school work at home. He still complains that he has to do it every day, but he's really good at his work when he gets down to it. Not at all sure what our school plans are for next year. That really depends on Andrew's job situation and where we find ourselves living. We're also trying a new discipline tactic with him. He has a list of 7 very important rules hanging in the bathroom, and every night we go over them to discuss if he kept them during the day. He gets a nickel for each rule he kept. He's currently saving up for a Scooby Doo Wii game. We've been at this for a while (and with help from Grandma Resa's $5 Valentine gift), so he should earn the entire $14 needed to purchase the game by the end of this week. I already bought it, but he doesn't know that.
Georgia: My friend recently described Georgia like this, "She's still sweet. She's just got an attitude the size of Texas." She couldn't be more right. Georgia can be the sweetest most lovable thing until you tell her no and then you see the little diva come out. She screams at Christian at the drop of a hat and has started saying, "He's aggravating me!" Of course, he does and actually relishes it. She screams and he giggles. We've had much trouble with Georgia screaming or waking up in the middle of the night with lots of unnecessary requests basically since the new year. We've made some small adjustments to nap times and bedtime routines that seem to help, but some nights are still not so good. We feel pretty sorry for Christian since they still share a room. She rarely wakes him up during the night (so thankful he sleeps like a rock!), but he's definitely falling asleep later than he would in his own room. There's not a whole lot more we can do about it until we move, so you could pray for Georgia to be a more willing sleeper and sleep more peacefully.
Me: As of today I am 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant. Official due date is March 29th, Good Friday. I welcome labor at any time. Just praying no St. Patrick's or Easter baby because Andrew threatens to change the chosen names. I have been much more uncomfortable this last trimester than I remember being with the other 2 children. One reason I am clinging to Georgia's naptime is so I can also take a nap every afternoon. I have been attending water aerobics twice a week faithfully, and that's about the only exercise I can tolerate. Working 2 days back to back each week has been difficult, but we've been overstaffed lately and nurses are regularly told to stay home. I've been staying home when it's my turn even if it means less pay.
Life in photos lately:
They just looked so cute sitting so close to see the little DVD player! Balloons from Pool Movie Night at the seminary. Andrew braved taking both of them to the pool alone while I worked. It was watch Finding Nemo while swimming night!
Georgia & friend Ryan looking at a Mobigo together when we babysat for Tim & Jennifer
I made an Easter wreath this year! I've been wanting one for several years and since I recently joined Pinterest I was able to look up some ideas on how to make my own. My objective was to spend as little money as possible. The kids have a couple of tunnels that collapse into circles. My mom mailed me some purple tulle she kept from my wedding reception (I guess my mom spent more money on postage than I did on making this thing! Thanks, Momma!) Wrapped a tunnel in the tulle. The kids and I gathered sticks from our church yard, and I formed them into a cross using sewing thread. Made the sign from a box I really need to throw away and cut the flowers off a fake house plant that had fallen behind the TV stand anyway. I could tell you Georgia helped me, but she really just broke a lot of sticks and unraveled a lot of thread. She had fun though. It would probably look better with yellow flowers, but I really don't feel like taking my kids to a craft store.
While Georgia and I were home working on the wreath, the boys were at Lowe's doing some woodworking. Thanks to a girl in our homeschool group, we just found out that Lowe's has a kids' workshop every other Saturday morning to build a wooden toy. This past Saturday was monster trucks, and they look like little dogs! It says "Monster Mutt" on the side. Christian even gave it to Georgia when he got home. I think this is an activity Andrew and Christian will attempt again.
Today we began our attempt at making rock candy, similar to the science experiment we did at school last week. We're making it green for St. Patrick's Day. These jars actually have to sit undisturbed for a week, so hopefully we can eat the candy on St. Patrick's Day. So far, I'm not seeing any sugar crystals adhere to the chopsticks, so I'm really hoping this works!
And we're getting ready. New shirts came in the mail for the kids today!
And layette sets for whoever is coming soon. I'm not opening the plastic wrapping yet since I'll have to return one of them.







No comments:
Post a Comment